Want to distance yourself from the boring, default set of Twitch Channel Points?
Struggling to come up with creative ideas to reward your viewers?
This list will give you some inspiration on how to personalize your rewards and strengthen your viewers incentive to stick around.
Twitch have written some resources to help with the setup and understanding of the Channel Points system. Before continuing, I’d recommend giving them a quick read before you start thinking of custom rewards as there are strict rules you need to follow.
What are Twitch Channel Points?
Channel Points are a currency in which viewers can redeem for customizable rewards set by the broadcaster. They’re earned by watching streams and are unique to each channel.
Twitch Channel Points are all about viewer engagement. The feature is exclusive to Twitch Affiliates & Partners.
The program encourages viewers to keep watching your stream, as well as reward your most loyal viewers. It’s an effective way to increase and retain concurrent viewers.
How do you get Channel Points on Twitch?
The main way to earn Channel Points is by actively watching a broadcast, however, there are a couple of ways to earn bonus points.
As the points program is still in its infancy, Twitch frequently tweak the earn rates. You can find the most up to date earn rates here.
|Earning Action||Points Earned|
|Active watching (Subscriber)||+100|
|Participating in a raid||+250|
|Follow the channel||+300|
|Watch streak 2||+300|
|Watch streak 3||+350|
|Watch streak 4||+400|
|Watch streak 5||+450|
|1st Subscription gift||+500|
Customizing your Twitch Channel Points
Streamers can customize their channel points’ name and display icon. Ideally, you should pick a name that’s in-line with the branding of your stream or personality, as well as a display icon using the same art style as your other assets.
Twitch Channel Points Ideas
Your rewards need to be both tempting and reasonably priced. If you don’t want to frequently put your stream on hold to fulfill a reward, price this type of reward a little higher than the others. Some rewards should rightfully be expensive to redeem, such as ending the stream immediately.
In the list of ideas below, I’ve left an (X) to indicate something either you or the viewer should customize.
- Pick a number and answer the corresponding question from the book of 3000 questions
- Draw (X) in paint
- Song request (as long as it’s copyright-free 👀)
- Skip current song
- Video request
- Use (X) item in-game
- Use (X) character in-game
- Choose the next game
- Choose the next map
- Choose a name for (X)
- Ban a user
- Unban a user
- Deflect ban
- Ban whoever uses the next (X) emote in chat
- Ban whoever uses the next emote in chat that isn’t a (X) emote
- The streamer must comment (X) on any Instagram profile the viewer chooses
- Absolutely nothing (purely to flex)
- Do (X) reps of (X) exercise
- End the live stream immediately
- Viewer gets to choose the streamers desktop background
- Viewer gets to choose the streamers Twitter banner
- Viewer gets to choose the streamers green screen background
- Custom role in Discord
- VIP for a day
- Steal someone’s VIP
- Request a 1V1
- Play with the streamer for a round
- Run an ad
- Bean Boozled
- Add a BTTV emote
- Text to Speech (you’ll need to add this bot)
- Roast me 🔥 (with ban immunity)
- Learn & Perform a TikTok dance
- Story time (tell a fun, interesting or embarrassing story)
- Show the stream a photo from your childhood
- Follow on social media platform of choice
- Get a compliment
- Stream setup tour
*This list contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Streamer Tactics earns from qualifying purchases.